"Wake up...up!" Sound waves of my mother's irritating, high pitch voice lingers through the empty house. Every morning when 8:01 am comes around, I would get this earsplitting noise that never fails to interrupt my peaceful dreams. Sleep is essential. In my opinion, I believe it is a gift that god has given me for being able to sleep even if an earthquake is occurring My friends and family often reminds me of the unique talents I have. However, they do not seem to appreciate them much. "If you are as good with your academic classes as sleeping, you will become the next Albert Einstein," my mother would say. Usually, we do not agree on anything, but this time, I do. If I was a teacher, I would reward myself an A+ for such an amazing enduring ability. As the days continue, living with a typical nagging mother, I am able to temporarily turn off the temporal lobe of my brain that controls the auditory system. I only tune in on things that I am interested and filter out other unimportant impulses that are sent to my head. Being forced to crawl out of a warm bed that I have insulated with my body heat is cruelty - destroying something that I have constructed with hours of hard work. Slowly uttering, I would whine and complain about the never-ending list of tasks I have to accomplish with only twenty-four hours in a day. The overwhelming list often brings out the childish whining side of me. Often, my friends would peevishly imitate my whiny voice and mock me everyday like an addict who cannot survive a day without satisfying their cravings. The distinctiveness of their imitation draws my attention even being in compact hallways filled with wild high school students who are flailing their arms above their heads, dancing to the newest hit "Gangnam Style." Although others may not see these as talents, but I believe if any schools offered sleeping, absent hearing, and whining classes, I would definitely win the top students award.
No comments:
Post a Comment